Friday, January 25, 2008

Bitch City





All the usuals came through at popscene. Got to see Nancy for the first time since... klaxons maybe? That was awesome. Car rides back home with her are fun. Seeing Mike A and Christina was legit too. Danced and stayed after the band finished for the first time in a while. Since, the whole Arctic Monkeys debacle matter of fact. 
The fucking cold was horrible. At least it made me numb to the usual stench that lingers while crossing the street from
 boarders to 3rd near popscene. 4 Realz.

Talked to lead singer (or talker, cause its not really singing but I don't mind it at all) and he told me they were trying to get an opening spot on the Kills tour that is suppose to happen in March. Cross fingers.

Teenagers got on stage around 11:40. Setlist reads:
Starlett
Feeling Better
111
Make It Happen
Trouble
Sunset
Love No
Fuck Nicole
Homecoming
Streets of Paris
End of the Road

Lead singer definitely bumps. Crowd was better than I expected. I haven't been that pushed at a popscene show in a while and thats always a good sign.

Steph sang homecoming as she should have. It was incred. The drummer looked like she should be modeling somewhere. It was cute, could tote tell she was a novice since she was counting as she played. Photos from the gig. Just a few. I don't motherfuckers taking my shit without permission either.


I am listening to Under the Influence of Giants circa the Bitch City era. Or the "Transition" record as I like to call it. That being because they recorded it in between what was Hometown Hero and what would become UTIOG. I recently found out HTH played Coachella waaay back in like 2002 or something.

Damn, I miss this record. I really hope they finally got the rights to this from the now defunct Maverick Records so they can release it to the masses. Its amazing. It was made over 3 years ago. I can imagine them rerecording it and how epic that would be. Some of it surpasses material from the debut. San Francisco is my bitch city.

1 comment:

mary. said...

Fucking intense show eh?

Dude, I hella listened to fucking Bitch City and Mamas Room last night. Crazy.