Sunday, January 20, 2008

This may offend you.

I just found juno online. So, lets watch that at too early/late in the morning. I wanted to discuss my day... I attended the counter protest in sf and the kiss in on saturday. I will wait till I am more awake.

On too ELLEN PAGE!

EDIT:

The Walk for Life event was held in SF this year. Somehow, that turned into a protest against the GLBT community. So, of course, queens don't stay quiet and a counter protest was organized. I of course support the belief in the human being to be capable of making their own decisions and dealing with any possible moral consequence that they may consciously or subconsciously face. A "Kiss In" was also organized as well. In protest to their need to hold the walk in SF because they felt we were a morally corrupt city for allowing women to make decisions for themselves and allowing men, women and those in between to enjoy their lives completely and reach their fullest potential. A group of couples of all sorts, and some really nasty people who like to risk getting mono by kissing more than one person, decided to kiss at noon in front of the Walk For Life marchers. What message that sends out I will let you decide for yourself. I can tell you one thing, a lot of those marchers were looking, some even wishing, they were making out with someone.

The march ended near uhh, some park near Gharidelli and past peir 39. I should know the name ...whatever. We stood there and held our signs proudly as all the Marchers passed us perpendicularly. Though they out numbered us by a lot (the Pro- Life Marchers had about 10,000+ people while we wavered at about 500...max) I do believe we left an impression. It was hilarious to hear people blessing us as they passed (are you someone how connected to a god than I am? I thought we all have the same direct line?), and reading some of their signs. 

What was frustrating by far was the amount of Latinos there were marching. By no means am I against being spiritual, but I am completely against allowing yourself to be taken advantage of by a church that massacred your ancestors and whipped you into submission into believing in a god they manipulated to use to justify their actions. Pro-Lifers will not allow women, individuals, to make decisions for themselves and use a book that has been misinterpreted and written by men as their strongest argument I offer them these simple question: What about the millions, even billions, of people that have been put to death because simple men have used that book to concoct reasons to kill them? Did they deserve to die?

To any Christian zealot that may read this I tell you: Your heavy books are written in the blood of those who have been killed because of it. So how dare you tell me how to live because of your idiotic understanding of it? Christianity is a mass murderer.

My five favorite Pro-Choice Signs:
5) Get Your Rosaries Off Of My Overies
4)Want to Reduce Abortion? Increase Contraception DUHHH
3)Thank You For Your Tourist Dollars
1)Jesus Died to Give Us Choice

No comments: