Friday, August 1, 2008

UPDATE

I have been very conscious that this page exist. However, though the slew of shows I have been attending has become less frequent, there is plenty of stuff still going on in the Bay. So, what is holding me back. I guess my own personal mess called a senior thesis. I am one of the few college students that is required to do one. Everyone from another University that I have talked to does not have this responsibility. So, the music does not stop. But the reflection of it does.

I guess the bottom line is: I have to focus on this, to get a stable job, in order to afford my hobbies. So for now I think I might just post one or two pictures and one or two lines of review. Which is lame. But something is better than nothing.

Festivals in SF are become really prominent. Before, the only thing available was NoisePop which is sorta like a festival. Oh and BFD. However, BFD went corporate I hear and the rest of the year is empty. So here is some worthy ones that are either based in SF or coming through that I am going to...and hopefully I will write about after the fact if I can just finish analyzing the effects of Christian fundamentalism on individual voting choices since 1980...

OutsideLands: Stay for Radiohead. Don't shower and become a hippie for Jack Johnson (or not!)
Treasure Island: Day one to dance with glowsticks. Day two is to dance with nerdy boys and girls.
ROCK THE BELLS: Two words: Spank Rock.

No comments: