Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not So Silent Night 2008

I have an acquaintance who has close ties with someone at Live. Here is some NSSN news:

1) I am confident NSSN is going to be on December 12th. This is just an assumption here is the real juice...

2) There will be two events. Aaron confirmed this on Soundcheck a few weeks ago but, I can now say that the event will be a pre-party at Mezzanine on a Thursday. The line up for that is confirmed and it is so good that "it could sell out the Concourse". A Mezzanine event generally means a more dance type act.

4) This source was also really excited about the general line up. I have a few guesses as to who will be there. I am predicting the line up is going to have some or all of these bands:

Vampire Weekend
Cold War Kids
Kaiser Chiefs
Franz Ferdinand
the Killers

with a local band winner (I'm rooting for Dizzy Ballon or Bears!Bears!Bears!-you should too). Now I could be completely off and it could look something more like this:

Rise Against
Offspring
Weezer

Remember that year Iggy Pop headlined and the most random bands played? Yeah, neither do the rest of us but it happened so this second lineup isn't unlikely.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ALSO: I am almost positive that this year's festivities will be held at the OAKLAND ARENA.

No comments: